Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I Blog Therefor I Am

1. When was the last time you had sex?
Most cultures define sex as an inimate act between two consenting adults. I do not. So, about four minutes ago.
2. How do you flush the toilet in public?
Right. Like anyone else does either. You leave one, I leave another.
3. Do you wear your seatbelt in the car?
Of course. It's the only thing that restrains me from attacking the other idiots.
4. Do you have a crush on someone?
Oh yes. Oh yes indeedy. See answer #1.
5. Name one thing that you start to get tense about if you are close to running out of it?
Patience.
6. What famous person do you (or other people) think you resemble?
(other people) Kevin Kline, Starsky, Tim Dalton. (me) Jack Black.
7. What is your favorite pizza topping?
Liv Tyler
9. Do you crack your knuckles?
Yes. I, also, knuckle my crack.
10. What song do you hate the most when it gets stuck in your head?
I wake up every morning for some reason with a new song stuck in my head. So, it's a daily thing. Today's was "Sweet Child of Mine" by Guns and Roses. But I didn't hate it...for the first 30 minutes or so. Now, Axl Rose must die.
11. Did just mentioning that song make it get stuck in your head?
No. Right now, I have the Bangles' "Vacation" going. Ooh, why would that be there?
12. What are your super powers?
The ability to annoy without provocation. Manipulation of others' feelings. Being goddamn funny even when no one else gets it. Forgetting the writer's lines. Sloth. Gardening. The ability to ignore incessant ringing. Eating for free at Costco. Shopping. Fucking up...and somehow making up for it.
13. What is the hardest thing you have faced?
Growing up. Accepting that Natalie Portman is too young for me. Accepting that I am not superhuman or immortal. Waking up right before driving through the fence right before the DUI. Realizing that I do not have the talent of Laurence Olivier or even one of the guys from "Buttfarts: The Musical". Learning to like myself.
14. Where are your car keys?
Within reach.
15. Whose answers to this questionnaire do you want to hear?
I don't even want to hear my own. I pick Zonthar and Mustang.
16. What's your most annoying habit?
Not answering the phone would be most people's pick. But I choose making sure my nose doesn't whistle before I fall asleep (this can be a long drawnout process if I'm partially stuffed up. I had one girlfriend banish me to the living room, that's when I learned to do it quietly).
17. Where did you go on your last vacation?
The 'No, of course. Tower. Rogue. Rain. Big fun. Friends galore. Great wrap party.
18. If you could punch one person in the nose and get away with it who would it be?
Ann Coulter. Oh, and I'd want the cameras. Get away, yes; have it not seen, no.
19. What is your best physical feature?
My ankles are kind of nice. They're well-formed.
20. What CD is closest to you right now?
Gillain Welch. Kien Lim. Southern Culture On The Skids. Rickie Lee Jones. Sublime.
21. What three things can always be found in your refrigerator?
Three? Um, cauliflower, cheese and beer. Three more: minced garlic, flour tortillas, corn tortillas. Three more: salad dressing, jam, butter.
22. What superstition do you believe/practice?
Wake up, shower, cup of tea with cigarette, take first crap.
25. Do you talk on your cell phone when you drive?
No. But I will take my hand off the wheel in order to "greet" those who do.
26. What would your name have been if you'd been born the opposite gender? If you don't know what your parents would've chosen, what name would you choose for your other-gendered self?.
Joelle. My choice. I happen to like my name and think any girl would be lucky to be named after me.
27. What song(s) do you sing most often in the shower?
"()"
28. If you could go back or forward in time would you and where would you go?
The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe.
29. What is your favorite Harrison Ford movie?
Raiders of the Lost Ark.
30. What CD is in your stereo?
2 A.M. Orchestra.
31. What OCD qualities do you have?
Orange County what? None so far as I know.
32. How many kids do you want to have?
See question #1.
33. If you could kiss anyone famous who would it be?
Liv Tyler. Susan Sarandon. Christina Ricci. David Letterman.
34.Would you really want to kiss someone you didn't know, even if they are famous?
Why not? If you knew my history of kissing et al, you'd wonder why they wanted to kiss me.
35. What do you do when no one is watching?
Practice. Also, see #1.
36. If they made a movie about your life, what actor/actress would be the best for this job?
Who would I like? John Cusack. Who would I expect? Bystander #2. My life is boring and boring is never celuloid. Okay, so maybe Michael Caine during one of his paycheck phases.
37. Would you rather die in a blaze of glory or peacefully in your sleep?
Blaze of Glory. I hate the cold now.
38. What candy, from when you were a kid, do you miss the most?
The ones I would steal. Seriously.
39. What is your favorite kid's movie?
Kiki's Delivery Service.
40. Favorite musician(s)/bands you've seen in concert?
Rickie Lee Jones, Lyle Lovett, Supertramp, The Beach Boys, Jonathon Richman, Tower of Power, The Police.
41. Have you ever been in love?
In love with love many times. In love with others...hard to say. It never took, so it's hard to say.
42. Do you talk to yourself?
I blog therefor I am.
43. Is there anybody you just wish would fall off the face of the earth?
Nope. Without the ones I dislike I would have no outlet for my loathing of others. Or the ability to feel superior.

1 comment: